FREEDOM HOUSE is an outreach center that exists for the purpose of meeting physical, personal, and spiritual needs of the people of Canyon.
The goal of Freedom House is to ensure that no one in Canyon or the surrounding community goes without food, clothing, or basic household necessities to send the message that God loves them and sees them right where they are.
Families or individuals who live in Canyon and are in need can come to FREEDOM HOUSE
to request the following:
- Household items, furniture, appliances, baby needs, or toys
- Clothing for adults, children, and babies
- Limited, emergency supplies of canned or dried food
FREEDOM HOUSE does not give monetary assistance of any kind.
FREEDOM HOUSE provides:
- Lists of services available from other agencies in Canyon and Amarillo
- Assistance in filling out application forms for various government assistance
- Assorted other helpful information
PERSONAL AND SPIRITUAL SUPPORT:
All of us eventually find ourselves in need of insight and support. At Freedom House, you'll find a friend who will listen and pray with you if you like, and also refer you to professional help if needed.
To request services, get information, or to donate to FREEDOM HOUSE,
call 655-7912 and leave a message.
When requesting household goods, clothing, or food,
please be prepared to furnish:
- Identification with picture
- Proof of current income
- Proof of current address
Federal law prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability when distributing food obtained through High Plains Food Bank.